Dr. Sukhpal Singh Gill
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Cloud Computing, School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London, Eng E306, Engineering Building, Mile End Road , London, E1 4NS. Email: email@example.com WWW: http://eecs.qmul.ac.uk/people/profiles/gillsukhpalsingh.html & http://www.ssgill.me
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP/PGCert) from Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2022. (Distinction)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Cloud Computing and Software Engineering, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India, 2016. (DST INSPIRE Fellow)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Software Engineering, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India, 2013. (Gold Medalist)
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) in Computer Science and Engineering, Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab, India, 2010. (Distinction)
Research and Teaching Work Experience
- Sept 2019 – to date: Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Cloud Computing, Queen Mary University of London, UK.
- 2018-2019: Research Associate, Lancaster University, UK.
- 2017-2018: Postdoc Research Fellow, CLOUDS Lab, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2016-2017: Lecturer, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India
- 2014-2016: DST INSPIRE Fellow, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India
- 2013-2014: Teaching Assistant, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India
- 2010-2011: Lecturer, Northwest Institute of Engineering and Technology, Moga, Punjab, India.
Dr. Sukhpal Singh Gill is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Cloud Computing at School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), UK and he is a member of Network Research Group. Prior to this, Dr. Gill has held positions as a Research Associate @ Evolving Distributed Systems Lab at the School of Computing and Communications, Lancaster University, UK and also as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory, School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, Australia. He was awarded Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in 2022 after passing PGCAP/PGCert with Distinction. He has published his PGCAP/PGCert work in highly-ranked Education Conferences and Journals such as IEEE EDUCON (top conference for education papers with acceptance rate 26%), Wiley Computer Applications in Engineering Education (Impact Factor = 2.1) and IT NOW – British Computer Society (BCS). Before joining CLOUDS Lab, Dr. Gill also worked in Computer Science and Engineering Department of Thapar University, India, as a Lecturer. Dr. Gill received his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Punjab Technical University with Distinction in 2010. Then, he obtained the Degree of Master of Engineering in Software Engineering (Gold Medalist), as well as a Doctoral Degree specialization in Autonomic Cloud Computing from Thapar University. He was a DST (Department of Science & Technology) Inspire Fellow during Doctorate and worked as a Senior Research Fellow (Professional) on DST Project, Government of India. Dr. Gill was a research visitor at Monash University, University of Manitoba, University of Manchester and Imperial College London. He was a recipient of several awards, including the Distinguished Reviewer Award from Software: Practice and Experience (Wiley), 2018, and Best Paper Award AusPDC at ACSW 2021 and has also served as the PC member for venues such as IEEE PerCom, UCC, CCGRID, CLOUDS, ICFEC, AusPDC. His one review paper has been nominated and selected for the ACM 21st annual Best of Computing Notable Books and Articles as one of the notable items published in computing – 2016. He has co-authored 100+ peer-reviewed papers (with H-index 35+ as per Google Scholar) and has published in prominent international journals and conferences such as IEEE TCC, IEEE TSC, IEEE TII, IEEE TNSM, IEEE IoT Journal, Elsevier JSS/FGCS, IEEE/ACM UCC and IEEE CCGRID. Dr. Gill served as a Guest Editor for SPE (Wiley), JCC Springer Journal, Sustainability Journal (MDPI) and Sensors Journal (MDPI). He is a regular reviewer for IEEE TPDS, IEEE TSC, IEEE TNSE, IEEE TSC, ACM CSUR and Wiley SPE. Dr. Gill has reviewed 570+ research articles of high ranked journals and prestigious conferences as per Web of Science. He has edited a research books for Elsevier, Springer and CRC Press. Dr. Gill is serving as an Associate Editor in IEEE IoT Journal, Elsevier IoT Journal, Wiley ETT Journal and IET Networks Journal. He is a professional member of ACM. His name appears in the list of the World’s Top 2% of Scientists released by Stanford University and Elsevier BV (2022). Dr. Gill wrote articles for international magazines such as Ars Technica, Tech Monitor, Cutter Consortium and ICT Academy. His research interests include Cloud Computing, Fog Computing, Software Engineering, Internet of Things and Energy Efficiency. For further information, please Contact Dr. Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org